Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Current Events At Smith Library

Smith Branch staff will begin adding to our blog what we have going on and if you can give us any suggestions on anything please feel free to post comments. We have a great circulation and reference staff that is very talented in coming up with ideas and are also very artistic. Right now our children's area has a Halloween theme of haunted woods on the windows along with bats and spiders crawling inside of the area with a giant spider web. The circulation board has a huge pumpkin patch setting with pumpkins done by kids for a craft along with staff skeleton look alikes hanging from the walls. In our teen area we have a skeleton hanging from the teens sign along with scary looking eye and spooky scare crow cutouts done by teens for a craft on black paper with tissue paper to make it look as if they are glowing different colors. I will try and see if I can upload pics to go with these details.

1 comment:

- said...

I love the whole "eye" thing on the eyelids! Great idea!