Hi all,
This Friday (11/4) morning, we will be upgrading the Encore catalog to the newest version available, 4.1.
Encore 4.1 has a lot of new features in it that I think you will find very useful. I discussed some of these features at a past Telephone Reference Meeting, but I know many of the staff are not able to attend these meetings.
Some of the new options include:
• Encore's "Advanced Search"
• Recent Searches and Recently Viewed
• You Might Also Like... (NoveList Select )
• Improved Relevance Ranking for popular titles
To give you a preview of the new Encore 4.1, I created some PowerPoint slides with a few explanatory notes, that demonstrate many of the new options. The slides are borrowed from a conference program so they will not be specific to Houston Public Library.
You can view the PowerPoint for Encore 4.1 on the HPL
Intranet at - https://hplnet.hpl.lib.tx.us/depts-it-training.html.
Hope you find the information useful.
Vi Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment